Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Green Eggs & Ham, Anyone?

Just had to share this photo of the green eggs and ham I made for Story Time at the library yesterday - - mighty appetizing, huh? They had the effect I'd hoped for, though - - the kids giggled and squealed and all gathered 'round so they could poke the green eggs & ham with their pudgy little fingers, and then giggle some more. It is actually green eggs and Canadian bacon, because that is all I had on hand, but luckily, none of the preschoolers in attendence questioned my choice in meat.

I'm on day #2 of trying a new morning tactic, now that Griffin is actually Sleeping Through The Night. (Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't make too much of a fuss over it - - I don't want to jinx myself!) Camden didn't sleep through the night until he was 2 1/2 - - I'm not kidding. Right after Steve got back from Iraq, he finally gave in. So, for Griffin to be doing so at 1 1/2 is nothing short of a small miracle. However, I digress - - let me get back to talking about myself. So - - now that I am feeling somewhat rested in the morning, I'm getting up at 5 a.m. so that I can shower, dress, read the news, sip a cup of coffee, check my email, and post to my blog, as I am doing now, before my day of craziness begins. I cannot tell you what a glorious effect this has on my mood, to be able to steal a few quiet moments for myself. If you are wondering why the heck I would get up at 5:00 a.m., that would be because the boys generally wake up between 6:00 and 6:30 for the day. I'm not a night person, so I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night. I really think I could be on to something here. If I could do this every morning, it would be really, really great.

Camden went back to school yesterday, and it sure fired him up. When I picked him up yesterday afternoon, his mouth was going about 75 miles per hour. I can usually be guaranteed that he will first mention his nemisis, Nate. Camden and Nate have a love-hate relationship - - they seem to be buddies, but then again they seem to be arch enemies. Sure enough, the first thing out of his mouth was that Nate had "thrown a block at him" and "knocked him over". Then he went on to make mention of Nate's girlfriend. "Nate has a girlfriend??" I asked. "Yeah, but, but she's a toddler," replied Camden. Ahhh, preschool love.

Griffin is now up, and is already busy, plotting as to what kind of mischief he can cause for the day. My job now is to attempt to keep him from waking Camden up. Usually, that doesn't turn out so well. The good news is, I'm clean. I'm dressed. I've had my coffee. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-those certainly are green eggs and ham! They are a nice shade of green though!

Lisa said...

Isn't it amazing how GREAT it feels to start your day gently, alone, with quiet, and CLEAN!

Love the Green Eggs & Ham by the way! Sounds like your story times are a lot of fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin