Saturday, September 22, 2007

Candy, Candy, and More Candy

Yesterday, I discovered the most wonderful store in Boise - - Powell's Sweet Shoppe, located on South Bown Way. It is the candy store to beat all candy stores, and I cannot wait to take Camden there! I needed some black licorice buttons and laces (for Griffin's birthday cake), and I had a hunch that I'd be able to find what I needed at Powell's. Earlier this year, I read an article about Powell's, when it first opened. It is a bit of a hike from our house, so I'd just never made it there. Now, I'm thinking it is a place we will visit often. They are know for carrying any kind of candy you can dream of, and they did not disappoint. When I walked in the door, I was met with a large display of candies from England, like Aero Bars, Flake, Violet Crumbles, etc. - - things I've only ever seen at the British Import store in Freeport, Maine (which, sadly, burned last year). I found the licorice I was looking for right away, but then ended up spending another 20 minutes or so because it was just so much fun. They have everything from Jelly Belly jelly beans, to chocolate covered ants. There was a display of old-time soda as well, so I grabbed a bottle of Moxie for Steve. I have to take Camden to Boise for a hair cut this week, and I'm pretty sure that we'll be making a trip to Powell's, too.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin