Friday, June 08, 2007

A Tale of Two Spatulas

Recently, my dear friend in Maine, Jen, commented on Griffin's affinity for his blue spatula. She told me that her son, Alex, (born about one month before Griffin), also had a spatula. It seems he loves his spatula in the same way that Griffin loves his. So much, in fact, that he recently brought it with him when he had to go to the hospital. Then, pictures were exchanged. It seems they love the same spatula:
Griffin

Alex

I'm starting to think when I need to buy a baby gift from now on, I'll just buy a spatula or two.

Steve has been gone for a week, with a little over a week left to go, and I'm happy to say we are all doing just fine. I must admit, I was a little burned out around mid-week, but I believe Griffin took pity on me last night and decided to sleep, so I feel like a new woman today. My story time debut went very well, and was a lot of fun. Next week's topic will be "bugs", and I think it will be a hit. I've already selected some books, and there is one in particular that Camden has been having me read over and over. I also got a bunch of plastic bugs to pass out to the kiddos. It is fun and satisfying to suddenly have a creative outlet.

The other day, I was planning to take the boys to the zoo, but we woke up to a chilly, rainy day. I asked Camden what he would like to do instead of going to the zoo, and my boy responded, "Go to Target, and then to Starbucks!" My, I have him trained well! While at Target, I fell madly in love with these shoes. The reviews for the shoe are pretty funny, especially the person who says something about making sure you pair them with the right clothing, so as not to look like a stripper. Someone else said, "They are not very comfortable, but beauty hurts, doesn't it, girls?" Considering the fact that my "work" clothes consist of jeans, a t-shirt, and Merrell sandals, I'm not sure what I was thinking. I guess a girl can dream about losing those last few pregnancy pounds, finding a really great pair of jeans, and wearing them with red-patent-hoochie-mama-peep-toe-pumps.

My folks bought tickets to come out to Idaho in August, and I can hardly wait. I don't think anyone is more excited than Camden though, who has already announced that he will be sleeping in "Nana and Papa's room" while they are here. He also told me that we need to take them to the cupcake store, one of our new favorite places to go (the mocha cupcake is to die for, by the way). I'm already counting the days until they get here (58!). Then, it will only be a couple of months later, when we all go to Maine. Yippee!

Last night, Griffin decided that it was really fun to pull himself up to standing, after grabbing onto my hands. I'm not sure that I am ready for the pre-walking phase (much less, the walking!) - - this boy is growing way too fast for me. Of course, now that he has learned this new trick, he wants to do it over, and over, and over...

I just tried Steve's cell phone on the off chance that he would be free. I lucked out and he answered, but I could hear all kinds of commotion in the background, and he said he would have to call me back later, as they were getting ready to "blow things up". That's Army training for you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Alex has now added a mini rolling pin to his collection of kitchen gadgets. Maybe we've got a little chef on our hands. If that's the case, he surely didn't get his cooking skills from me!
He and Griffin will have to exchange recipes when you visit in the fall!

Kate D. said...

Almost those exact shoes were on a segment of The View today. I saw them at Target tonight and I think I would hurt myself if I tried to walk in them.

Lisa said...

The comments about those shoes were hysterical! And the picture of the boys on their tummies is SO cute!

Joy said...

So, did you buy the shoes??

Funny, Paco is a rolling pin and garlic press kiddo. Perhaps it's all the Pampered Chef? The spatula's make great spankers so he's not too keen on seeing them around...

Saw on the 116th on the news and looked for Steve - didn't see him. Quite the training they do now, isn't it?!

Let me know when library day is, okay?

Heather said...

Alas, I did not buy the shoes. One, because I couldn't walk in them, and two, because I have more shoes than any one person should really have. But damn, they were cute...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin