Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hotter'n Blazes

It was 102 degrees today as we left Camden's friend Antonio's birthday party. Yes, I said 102. Luckily, we are in the desert, so we don't have the humidity to contend with, like everyone does back east. That being said, it is still sticky, sweltering, and uncomfortable. The only thing I am really missing about our old house is the fact that it had central air. This house has just one window air conditioning unit, circa 1970-ish, so it is a wee bit toasty inside. Luckily, the forecast for the week is showing the temperatures dropping into the low 70's, which is just about where I like it.

The weekend was busy, starting yesterday with Terri and I letting ourselves into the library to prepare our "room" for story time, which begins on Tuesday. We cranked the local "80's Rock" station (yes, plenty of Ozzy, Skid Row, Poison, etc.) and raided the supply closet, finding all kinds of decorations and props that should make for a successful story time. Today, the boys and I headed out to Caldwell for my girlfriend Joy's son Antonio's 3rd birthday party. We had a really nice time, and it was wonderful to finally meet Joy and Roy's newest addition, Javier. When we returned home, we had time enough for a diaper change and a little rest, before heading over to Kasey's for some fabulous hamburgers. All in all, a wonderful weekend!

The boys had breakfast in their skivvies this morning - - too hot for clothes!

Antonio and Camden, waiting for Roy to hang the pinata in the tree

Banzer, Camden, and Griffin

My little "Story Time" corner at the library. I've just noticed that one of the posters came off the wall and is sitting on top of the fake plant!

Poor Griffin. I caught him sleeping in this position again last night. I have no clue how he does that. It doesn't look comfortable to me!

1 comment:

Joy said...

It was so good to have you guys at our fiesta. Love the picture you have here of the boys waiting to hit the pinata.

You're right - it was HOT! I love the cooler weather today.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin