Monday, April 30, 2007

Swimming

Today was a big day for Camden - - his first swimming lesson at the YMCA. This was also the first time he'd ever been in a swimming pool, as evident in this photo! He was pretty timid at first, but he had a wonderful teacher (in the flowered swim cap) and before long, she had coaxed him into the water. He's been chattering about swimming ever since, so I think he'll be just fine. I was so proud of him. After class was over with, we headed to Target so that he could pick out a special beach towel (he picked Spider man, of course) to have especially for swimming lessons. I'm feeling thankful, yet again, that I get to be a stay-at-home mom - - I'd always meant to sign Camden up for swimming but didn't, because I was working, and since we live so far from Boise (and only have one car), I could never muster up the ambition to stay late in Boise two nights per week to do it. At the end of this swim session, I will sign Camden up for the next one, and Griffin and I will sign up for the "Mommy and Me" swim class, which is held at the same time and in the same pool as Camden's lessons. I want to get Griffin right in the water so that he won't have to feel fearful of it, like Camden has.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love to hear about the things you enjoy about staying home with your boys! Katie didn't start swimming lessons until she was almost 4 1/2 and by age 7 she was on the swim team! Now that Camden's been introduced to swimming there'll be no stopping him!

Anonymous said...

Camden might've been fearful, but it didn't last long. When he called to tell about it, he sounded so excited about all the swimming he had done! It'll be nice when you and Griffin can join his swim team; and then this summer,the whole family will have a great time at your town's public pool. Good for Camden!

Anonymous said...

I love to double-click on the pool picture to enlarge it and see how Camden has his hands clasped together tightly as he is trying to muster the courage to take that first swimming lesson. I'm sure he was a brave boy and will be swimming like a fish before long.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin