Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mum!

Today is my mother's birthday, and we wish we could be with her! Camden called his Nana when we woke up today, so that we could sing to her. I'm afraid I hijacked this photo from an email that my mom sent to me today, and I think my Aunt Jean took the picture - - that's Mum with my niece, Violet (Kevin & Rachel's daughter). I love this picture!
I can't believe it is Friday again, already. I feel like a bad blogger lately. It seems the days keep escaping me, and I rarely get time to really sit down at the computer. I'll work on that.

To recap the week, Camden and I had a great time on our date this past Sunday. I'm pretty sure that Sonic met all of Camden's expectations, and the performance of The Velveteen Rabbit was really great. When we arrived at the Fulton Street Theater, Camden was handed a big glass of milk and a giant bunny cookie, which of course, he thought was great. The performance was an hour and a half long, which is pretty long for a little guy. I gave him the option of leaving during intermission, but he wanted to stay, and was engrossed the entire time. It was nice to have some quality time with him, and I'm already looking forward to our next date.

Cloth diapering is going great! I'm starting to think something is wrong with me, because I find it rather fun. I'm glad I ordered a sampling of different types of diapers because it really helped me decide what I wanted to stock up on. Here's a cute diaper that we tried out yesterday - - no leaks, so it's a keeper. Hopefully before long, I'll have enough diapers to get through the whole day.
The boys and I have some odds and ends to do today. I probably ought to get myself pulled together and head out for some errands before too long. The weather is perking up again, after a week or so of rain. Yesterday, Camden and I spend quite a bit of time outside, while Griffin was napping. We played quite a bit, but also got some yard work done. Hoping to head to the nursery soon for some plants and flowers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Heather! I love the pictures -- especially the one of you and Camden leaving on your date and the one of the boys on the sofa. Camden looks so proud in both of them!

Anonymous said...

I love the way Camden has his essentials tucked under his arm before his day with Mom: Blue Bunny and a teddy bear. He's a sharp looking boy. Cute picture of the two boys cuddled together.

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of Aunt Roberta and Violet. The photo of the boys is adorable-such sweet faces.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin