Wednesday, April 25, 2007

7 Months Old

I can't believe my little Griffin Peter will be 7 months old tomorrow. Time is flying by much too quickly, it seems. I find myself feeling slightly guilty that my heart aches constantly that Griffin is growing so fast, and I am home with him every day, where as I worked full-time when Camden was this age, and I don't remember feeling that way at all. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that Griffin is most likely my last baby, and I am struggling to accept that fact right now. For some reason I always thought I would have three children, but the other half of the baby-making equation tells me that we are done, so I am trying to come to grips with that.

If you are wondering what Griffin is wearing, it is called a "wool soaker". This particular wool soaker was made with love by Griffin's Great Aunt Jean. Believe it or not, when lanolized, wool is waterproof, and it does not absorb odor. I really found that hard to believe, but I can tell you that it is true. This is why wool makes a great cloth diaper cover. It is also very breathable, and stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter. As you can probably deduce, I am still using cloth - - no, I did not give up after a week. I cannot believe how much I like it, and how easy it is. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try.

Last weekend, our local fire department had an open house, so we took the boys down to check out the fire engines. I think Camden was pretty excited to see all of the fire engines up close. Griffin slept through it all, for the most part. Other excitement over the weekend was that Camden got his first "big boy" bicycle. I'll have to get some pictures of him riding it. Steve and I get a good chuckle out of him because he'll put on his bike helmet so he can ride his bike, but then will continue to play out in the yard and keep his helmet on the whole time. We've wondered if the neighbors are wondering why our son wears a crash helmet all the time.

Running is going really well, I'm happy to report. The race is in 17 days, and I'm actually starting to think I'll be able to run the whole thing. I've been enjoying my Saturday morning runs in Boise, and have already learned a lot from the two trainers for my running group. It feels so good to be exercising again!

I just found out that Martina McBride is coming to Boise in August. That is one concert I have always wanted to see. I think I'll try to get tickets on Friday.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I read a quote the other day about motherhood that has really stuck with me. "The days may be long, but the years are short." How true. 12 years ago Katie was my baby - how did it get to be 12 years ago!? The time flies so quickly.
I'm glad to hear running is going so well! Keep us posted on your progress!
Who'd have thought cloth diapers could be so fashionable!! And wool?! I'd have never thunk it!

Joy said...

Time flies for sure. Can't wait to see pix of Camden with his bike!!

I was told we were done having babies, as well, so I am dealing with similar feelings on that issue. I just don't feel "done" yet my sweet hubby as more than just our two and we are raising a tribe, here.

YEAH on the running! I can't imagine even jogging right now. Still having newborn nursing you know whats and all! ;)

I saw Martina's commercial last night and SO want to go. I think I'll ask Roy if we could swing that since Javier will be 5 months old then. Glad you're going to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Camden with his leg over his knee in the fire truck! He must've been so excited, yet wanted to appear very relaxed. It's a good thing it's getting warmer, or you'd have to cover up Griffin's little diaper covers. They sure are cute!

kirsten said...

Love all the photos and Griffin is such a cutie in his cloth diapers! Good for you for doing that- so great for the environment. You are getting me inspired to start running races again- love hearing your progress reports

Joy said...

Are you still using cloth diapers?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin