Friday, April 27, 2007

Inmates at the Zoo

Steve worked a half-day today, so the boys and I picked him up at work and headed over to Zoo Boise. It just so happened that every elementary school in the Treasure Valley went to the zoo today, too. More interesting to note, however, was that there was a sizable work detail from the Ada County Jail present as well. Seriously. Call me crazy, but I found it a bit odd that the zoo would have a bunch of inmates in blaze orange vests, working at the zoo. Odd.

I spent the day agonizing over the fact that I was probably going to miss my running club this weekend. Steve is leaving at the crack of dawn for a business trip, so I would need to take the boys with me. I just couldn't justify getting the boys up early, and then finding a smooth way to feed, dress, load them in the car, then drive for an hour, then have to reassemble my double-jogger, so that I could run for 30 minutes - - all by 7 a.m.. Luckily, my wise husband talked some sense into me and reminded me that as long as I ran, it didn't matter where I did it. So, I'll either be hitting the treadmill, or pushing the Jogger somewhere around town.
I recently realized that I haven't bought any new running shorts in over 7 years, so I think it is high time I treat myself to some new gear. After poking around on the internet, and visiting a local running store, I noticed there is a new item called the "running skirt". Have you seen this? It is basically a short skirt over a pair of compression shorts. Sounds a little strange to me, but I have to admit, it sounds comfortable. I may have to try one out: http://www.newbalance.com/running/apparel/WRSK7001/
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to include links in my post in a neat and orderly fashion (such as, just being able to type "running skirt" and be able to click on that to go to the link, rather than the mess I have above. So, if anyone out there (ahem...Kirsten...Lisa?) can tell me how to do that, I'd be eternally grateful.

Last but not least, here is Camden on his new bike, per my mother's request.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the picture of Camden on his new bike! He looks SO grown up!

Joy said...

To make the words a linkm, there is a icon in the bar where you add pictures and it looks like a little chain link. Click on that, type the words you want to be the link and then you add the address where it tells you to. :)

I can't wait to go to the zoo again. Thought of you Sat and the fun time we had with the boys when we met there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin