Friday, September 01, 2006

Welcome to my new life...

Yesterday was my last day of work. I am now officially a stay-at-home mom! You may be wondering what the heck I am doing up at 5:20 a.m. - - I'm kind of wondering the same thing, too. The short answer is, I'm nearly 36 weeks pregnant, and I don't really sleep anymore, I take cat naps. The other answer is that I am so use to getting up early, coupled with the fact that Steve's alarm goes off at 4:15 a.m. (I'm a light sleeper and once I hear that alarm, I'm pretty much awake for the day, unfortunately).

I had started a post early in the week that I ended up deleting. It seems that I've been struggling with the fact that I wouldn't have a paying job anymore. I don't know that it was necessarily the paycheck I was going to miss, but more the sense of self. I've never not worked for a paycheck, so I don't really know what to expect, going into this new phase of my life. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I started to get really excited about what was about to happen. I'd been spending so much time worrying and wondering that I hadn't really stopped to think about how lucky I am. So today I am sitting here with a big smile on my face, happy to have this opportunity to be with my boys.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You will NEVER regret staying home!! I've been so blessed by these years I've been home with my girls! Ed & I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to hear how you've settled into this "new life" after Griffin is born. I predict you'll never look back...

Joy said...

Like Lisa said, I've never regretted staying home. Granted, it's only been a year and half... I went through the whole no paycheck feelings too so when we get together next, we sure can talk about the roller coaster of emotions that could come with a major life change.

Is the yard sale on for tomorrow?

Congratulations on your only full-time position!!! How exciting!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin