Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Boys

I must admit, I am beginning to get a little nervous about being outnumbered by boys. I've never really thought about it much, until recently, with Griffin's arrival coming right up. I mean, I'm already outnumbered, but with Griffin thrown into the mix, I don't stand a chance! Steve has had to remind me that some of Camden's behaviors are "a boy thing", such as throwing rocks, rubbing dirt all over himself, being gross, etc. This morning, Camden was playing outside when he yelled to me, "Mummy! I found a wormy!" He was so proud of himself. I gently told him that his "wormy" looked to be dead, but he insisted that the worm was just "resting". After I took this picture, Camden told me he needed a plastic dish and a pillow and blanket for his worm. As I type, "Wormy" is resting comfortably in a small Tupperware, with a cotton ball pillow and toilet paper blanket. I think he's in the living room.
Moving onto this afternoon - - we got out our art supplies, and Camden announced he needed a Spiderman mask. Thank goodness for the internet, and a quick Google search of Spiderman and voila! A Spiderman mask.

So far, we are doing well being at home. Granted, I am still waking up at the crack of dawn, but I guess there isn't much I can do about that for now. I decided that for this week, we aren't going to have any solid plans or structure to our day - - I feel like I need a few days just to unwind and figure out how to manage a household full-time, raise my child (soon to be children), and take care of myself. I am mostly just relaxing and enjoying being with Camden. He is such a good boy, and smart as a whip. I'm already seeing how much I've missed, all those hours that I spent at work.

I'm feeling pretty tired at this point, but only 20 more days to go! I can't believe Griffin will be here in less than 3 weeks. So much to do before then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has Wormy changed position at all since you settled him into his bed? If not, perhaps a burial at sea, if you get my drift, will be in order.

Nice Spiderman mask, Heather! Very clever. Camden must think his mom can perform all kinds of miracles, and apparently he's right.

Cute pictures of Camden, by the way.

Love, Aunt Jean

Joy said...

You are one amazing mommy!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin