Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting Ready for Griffin...

Here we are just a few minutes ago, putting together the stand for the beautiful Moses bed we just received in the mail! I knew it was coming today, so I've been pacing most of the day, waiting for the UPS guy to get here. I felt awfully handy with my Black & Decker power screwdriver - - it got the job done. The bedding is denim, with blue and white stripes - - it is gorgeous. It will be so nice to have Griffin right next to me at night for the first couple of months. The great thing about Moses baskets are that you can take them out of the stand and carry them from room to room with you, and not disturb baby. Thank you so very much, Roland and Susan - - I LOVE IT!

Here is a picture of the finished product, in our bedroom

Camden and I are having a lovely day - - it finally feels like autumn here. Camden broke out his jeans and long sleeves, as it was a bit too cold for short sleeves. It actually feels nice to be a little chilly for a change. We dug out our Halloween shirts today to see if they still fit. We were really happy to find out that Camden can squeeze another Halloween out of his shirt. The sleeves are bordering on being too short, but I think we can get away with it:My shirt, on the other hand, seems to have shrunk a little (warning...not for the faint of heart): We'll see if I can squeeze into it by October 31st! I think Camden and I will head next door to the old house and bring a few things over here. I still have a lot to move out of my closet, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Steve is pretty busy for the next few days, so we won't be seeing much of him until Sunday, unfortunately. We miss you, honey!

I also wanted say hello to my cousin Janet, one of my faithful blog readers in New York...Janet, I got your email and I promise to post more pictures from now on...I'll have pictures of the new house before the weekend is out!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Wow - you look great! Camden has become quiet the little man.

Anonymous said...

Some clever person designed a stand for the Moses basket - what a great idea! Camden looks so tickled to be wearing his Halloween shirt. Bet he's having a grand time getting ready for it. Maybe Grandma and Grandpa can babysit Griffin so Mommy and Daddy can go Trick or Treating with him.
I'm sure your shirt will fit better by Halloween. You're looking very pregnant, but beautiful - just glowing.

Anonymous said...

Heather said...

I've never kept in touch thru a blog and I find it pretty interesting. Aunt Bev's right, you do look very pregnant. Best of luck to you and send us the news of the birth of your new child. Camden is a cutie! Someday, Chris, myself and Kylie will need to come out to visit.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin