Tuesday, September 19, 2006

More house pictures, etc.

It has taken me a long time to start posting pictures of the house. No real reason other than my head seems to be in 50 different places at the same time right now. Here is a shot, looking into the living room/dining area, from the front door as you enter the house. There is a door at the right of the dining area that leads to the kitchen, and there is a hallway to the left, that leads to our bedrooms, bathroom, laundry room, and the stairs to the basement. We are excited to start using the wood stoves this winter - - you can see that there is one in the living room, and there is also a great one in the family room downstairs. We need to have the chimney inspected first, and need to order some wood. I love wood heat, and I'm excited that we have it in this house.

This is to the left, when you walk in the front door. I'm anxious to paint the living room a warmer color (it is a very bright room), but won't be getting around to that until next spring, most likely.

This is looking at the living room, from the dining area (obviously). Steve mentioned last night during dinner that it is so nice to be living in a house that doesn't really need any work. Some of you faithful readers are quite aware of what our old house was like - - what it is still like - - it has a lot of work left to be done on it (before it can be rented) so whenever a weekend rolls around, Steve feels like he needs to be working on it. Once it is all done, it is going to be wonderful to have "nothing" to do on the weekends. As I've mentioned before, our new house has a bit of a "'70's" feel to it - - it has been a long time since it has been updated. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. I'm amazed what a new coat of paint can do, in terms of changing the entire look of a room. Once I get settled into a new routine with the boys, I hope to get some major painting done. We think eventually that we'll remodel the upstairs bathroom, as well as the kitchen, but for now they are just fine and there is no need at all to do anything drastic.

Camden and I will be heading to Meridian this morning, for my final OB appointment. When I see my doctor next Tuesday, I'll be strapped to the OR table, ready to have Griffin! Hard for me to believe right now - - I just cannot wait to see this baby. My folks arrive around lunchtime on Saturday, which is great. I'm glad they will be here a few days before he is born.

Steve is as busy as ever at work. This coming weekend is a drill weekend, so he we won't see much of him until Monday. He found out yesterday that he will have to be out of town the week after Griffin is born, but thankfully my parents will still be here.

Riley has decided he prefers to be outside, rather than inside, which is a welcomed change. He stayed out all day yesterday, alternating between lounging under the big tree, and barking at squirrels. He's a little stiff this morning, and I'm thinking I need to give him a little pain medication, as he wasn't too excited to climb up the stairs to go outside. It is hard to see him getting old - - it doesn't seem possible to me that he is almost 10 years old. Sadie is actually a few months older than Riley, but she doesn't act old yet, she just acts crazy. I wish I could give her a pill that would make her act like a normal dog, but alas, no such luck.

3 comments:

kirsten said...

Your house is beautiful! Congrats on your new home!I hope I can see it in person some day :)
I totally agree with you about painting- it's amazing what a new color can do to a room.
I'm so glad you got to move in and get settled before Griffin is born. Nothing is worse than moving with a baby.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty home you have, Heather. It looks very spacious and light. You've decorated it nicely, too. The woodstoves will come in handy this winter, I betcha. There's nothing like a woodfire on a chilly winter's day.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You have done such a great job decorating, and it must be nice for Steve to come home and know he doesn't have to work on this house. It'll be nice when the other house is done so he can really enjoy his evenings and weekends home without having the other house still on his full plate. I can't wait to see the house in person in five days!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin