Thursday, September 21, 2006

Five More Sleeps!

This is something my mother has always said (and still says), leading up to a "big event", such as Christmas, or a trip. I think in this case, it probably would have been more accurate to say, "Five More Nights of Fitful Thrashing, Constant Waking, Leg Cramps, and Tingly Arms", but that's another post altogether. Yes, I'm in the final, ugly week of pregnancy. My body is doing things that I simply cannot share with you, I have about 4 pieces of clothing that I can actually wear, and I want this kid outta me. I don't remember feeling this way, at this point, when I was pregnant with Camden. Maybe it is my age (seriously, I only missed the "Advanced Maternal Age" label by 4 months, folks), maybe I am just a big baby. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure I'll survive the next 5 days just fine, as long as I can keep my whining under control.

Yesterday, I'm afraid I was all but useless. I WANTED to be productive, but I just felt awful. I've come to the conclusion that my severely squished digestive system can only handle small portions of very bland food from here on out, so I'll give that a try and see if it helps. I have a new outlook on life today, and I'm hoping I can actually get something accomplished in this house. I think Camden and I will head to the Big City this morning to do a couple of errands, and then we'll pay a visit to the library this afternoon.

I just heard some little feet running across the floor upstairs, so it must be 6:00 a.m.

Here are some random pictures from the past few days:


The boys, changing lures before their fishing trip this past Sunday

The other boys, sharing some quality time in the back yard

Recently, Camden has been wanting his dad to have "sleepovers" in his room. Since Camden has the World's Best Father, Steve willingly obliges, setting up sofa cushions next to Camden's bed mattress, on the floor in Camden's room. They actually had a sleepover last night, but Steve informed me this morning that this won't be happening on weeknights anymore! Apparently, Cam rolls onto the floor all night long, and Steve feels obligated to keep placing him back on his mattress, therefore, the man gets no sleep.

Must get breakfast prepared and get this day started!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hang in there! Your reward for enduring pregnancy will be snuggled in your arms very soon! Funny how quickly we forget all the discomfort we experience as soon as we see that sweet baby face. Until then...be good to yourself!

Joy said...

Almost there! Rest, take it easy and just enjoy some one-on-one time with Camden and Steve.

Love that Camden has sleepovers with his Daddy. How sweet.

Enjoy your day in town. You're braver than I am!!

Anonymous said...

TWO more sleeps, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Monday, September 25: ONE more sleep, Heather! Twenty-four hours from now you'll be holding little Griffin in your arms. Won't that be wonderful?

Love, Aunt Jean

Richal said...

There are several popular weight loss Slimlinic Keto plans, such as the Atkins diet, Mediterranean diet, Zone diet, and the South Beach diet. These plans are not aimed at weight loss, but a generally healthier lifestyle.

Richal said...

To make use of these magic weight loss Green Vibe Keto numbers, you need to find a weight loss program that understands their importance and incorporates them in the program.

Richal said...

We carry this filth in our body from Super Cut Keto year to year. Not many people know of colon-irrigation, or have had an enema, or had a fast.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin