Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Water!

Yet again, Blogger will not allow me to post pictures, so I give you yet another visually un-stimulating post. As of around lunchtime today, we have water at the new house! Yippee!! It was quite the production to say the least, as our faithful city workers dug up a good portion of the road in front of our house, but the deed is done. Even better, Steve's plumbing job in the basement was leak-free. Although we closed on the house last Friday, and received the keys this past Sunday, I couldn't quite get excited until the joint had running water.
My father arrived from Maine on Monday, and has been such a big help already. Yesterday, we got Camden and Griffin's new bedroom painted, and today we moved quite a few things over to the house. Camden really likes the new place. He decided he didn't want to come back to the old house with me tonight, so he is having a sleep-over with his Papa. Our plan is to paint the master bedroom by the weekend, and then move a bunch of furniture on Saturday. Steve leaves for Virginia on Sunday, so I'm extra glad to have my dad here to give me a hand while he is out of town.
I'll check back in tomorrow and see if I can get some pictures posted. Time for bed...

3 comments:

Joy said...

I'm SOOOO excited for you! It seems to be happening so fast right now but not fast enough for you, I imagine.

I'm glad your Dad is here, too. Especially with Steve leaving town.

Can't wait to see you again - off to a long a weekend in Challis.

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see some pictures of your new home!

It must be wonderful to have your Dad out for a visit - Say HI for us!

Take it easy!

kirsten said...

Very exciting! Congrats on the new house! Can't wait to see the photos! I'm so in awe that Steve did all that plumbing work (don't think Mike could do anything close to that)
Kirsten

Blog Widget by LinkWithin