Thursday, August 24, 2006

Baby Shower, etc.

Yesterday, the girls at my office threw a baby shower for me and we had a nice time. That's my dear friend Michelle in the picture with me. She had Griffin's ultrasound picture put on a cake, which was pretty neat - - I've never seen that done before! My coworkers chipped in and gave me a Sit and Stand stroller, which is just great. Camden usually wants to walk when we go in a store, but then again he'll walk for a couple of minutes, then he'll want a "ride", so I've been wondering what I was going to do. My mom, my aunt, and my mother-in-law had sent packages to the office to be included in the shower, which was such a nice surprise. After today, I only have 3 more work days left - - I can't believe it! I am so ready to stop getting up at 4:50 a.m. I am also looking forward to eliminating 2 hours of commute time from each work day. Most of all, I am just looking forward to being home with Camden, and pretty soon, Griffin.
A few of you have been asking for a shot of my massive belly, so, here it is, stretch marks and all. Five more weeks to go! This was taken on Tuesday at exactly 34 weeks. I'm a little scared at how much bigger my stomach can actually get in the next 40 days or so.

The moving process continues to drag on, and it is starting to take its toll on mine and Steve's good humor. I think we are both really tired, stressed out, and wanting it to be done. Our plan is to accomplish that this coming weekend - - I hope we can do it. We were planning to have a garage sale on Saturday, but that will have to wait until the following weekend.

Camden seems to be on the mend after quite a nasty cold. He seems more like my regular little guy now, and I'm glad - - it sure stinks being sick.

I love this picture from bath time the other night. Camden does love a good bubble bath. He thought he was pretty funny, wearing a shower cap. Must finish getting ready for work...


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great Belly Picture!

Glad to hear Camden is well again!

Allison likes to walk when we shop, she'll have nothing to do with her stroller. I sometimes have the stroller with us and end up carrying her heavy little self while pushing the stroller!!

Anonymous said...

So wish we could be there to help you move - we've got lots of experience! Yes, you sure do have a huge belly - it'll be interesting to see how much Griffin weighs at birth. But I think you look great and haven't gained as much weight as you did with Camden. Love his tub picture!

Joy said...

I'm so sorry I couldn't make the shower. I was going to try and surprise you but it just didn't work out. :(

LOVE LOVE LOVE the belly shot!!! You're gorgeous!!!! Really cool cake and stroller from co-workers, too.

Darling Camden. I'm sure he can't wait to have Mommy home all the time and for-go the commute as well. He's done great - you all have.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin