Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another general update...

When we pulled into the driveway tonight, Camden asked, "Where's my Papa?" My father left Sunday night after a two-week visit, and we miss him! Yesterday, the house was far too quiet, and Camden said on several occasions that he was "missing Papa". My dad came out to help us move into our new house, and he was such a big help. As it turned out, Steve was out of town for a good part of the time that Dad was here, so his help was invaluable to me. We managed to get a huge amount moved and unpacked, and we had fun painting and decorating and making the new house feel like home. This first picture was taken early one morning during Dad's visit. Camden had a wooden helicopter kit that he wanted to put together with his Papa. He pretty much insisted that my Dad help him as soon as they woke up one morning, and was quite bossy about it, I might add. Camden was a real trooper during all of the chaos that comes with moving. He actually moved to the new house three days before Steve and I did. My dad was staying there during his visit, and Camden decided he'd go ahead an move on in, too. The picture on the left is of Camden checking out the massive amounts of cupboard space in our new kitchen. He was rather disappointed when I loaded the cupboard up with dishes - - I think he thought it was going to be a fort or something.




Here is a picture of Jeff, my "hired man", uncovering the beautiful hardwood floor that lurked beneath the wall-to-wall carpeting. The area that we had the carpeting removed from is the formal dining area

I have a bunch more pictures to post, but, you guessed it - - Blogger won't let me, so I'll close out this post and try again in a new post...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin