Friday, April 15, 2011

Superb Military Wife

It has been an odd few weeks. It feels as though I sort of lost my mojo after Steve came home on leave back in February. I don't really know why, but for whatever reason, my confidence slipped, weariness of mind and body took over, and above all else, the gloomy weather that plagues this state during the month of March really sucked the life right out of me. Mind you, I still had all of my gazillion responsibilities to uphold, and uphold them I did - - just not with a whole lot of joy and enthusiasm, unfortunately. I have to be honest here and tell you, plain and simple: deployment sucks. At this point, this time around, I'm tired of it. I want it to be over with. However, we've still got a good 5 months to slug through and I'll be damned if those five months are going to feel like the past two have. No thank you. Contentment is definitely a state of mind, so I know I am in control over how all of this plays out, ultimately. I put a lot of pressure on myself. I don't want Steve to think I can't handle things here, because one, I can, and two, everyone knows that the mark of a superb military wife is how she does it all (perfectly, mind you) while not upsetting/stressing/annoying/worrying, etc. her deployed spouse. A superb military wife does not complain, does not ask for help, and certainly does not require any sort of break from the grueling demands of her "job". I am finally realizing that I just am not a superb military wife, and I am really okay with that.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin