Thursday, April 14, 2011

Soccer Season Has Started!



My boys officially started spring soccer season this week with their first games, and I officially started my first soccer season of having two children playing at the same time. I've seen lots of parents do it in seasons passed, and it isn't easy! Mostly, because I don't like leaving either of them during their games, but for now that is just how it is going to have to be! This means lots of running between soccer fields for me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. This is Camden's fourth soccer season, so he's an old pro by now. His favorite position is goalie, and he does a great job . Griffin has been very excited that he is finally old enough to play soccer now, although he was a little timid at his first couple of practices, but was fine once he warmed up a bit. His first game went well, although I'm not sure that he exactly grasps the concept of the game yet - - that will come in time I am sure. So, for the next few weeks, we will spend three nights per week at the soccer fields. Can't believe our next activity will be summer swimming lessons...coming right up!

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Love the soccer pics - looks like they'll both be having so much fun, and simultaneously too. I'm sure that'll be quite a challenge for you and your already-hectic schedule! Shame you can't be in both places at once, but on the brighter side, I guess it'll mean you are not doubling up on your soccer time. Maybe someone can video the games you get to miss! I also wanted to leave you a message on your other post to let you know that I think you are indeed a superb military wife! But there doesn't appear to be a comments box. Hope the coming 5 months go by easier than the last two have done anyway. Hopefully the coming of spring and summer will at least help since you can get outdoors a bit more.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin