Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bunk Bed Boys

I finally bought some bunk beds for my boys today, after a long quest. I've been stalking Craigslist for months, but could never find quite what I was looking for. This afternoon, I took a random trip to my local thrift store, and these beauties were sitting there, seemingly waiting for me to walk in. They are brand new, can separate into two individual twin beds, have side rails, and a ladder - - all features I was looking for.


I must admit, I've hesitated a few times in buying bunk beds, for worry that someone would launch off the top bunk and break an arm. I'm glad I got over that, because life is just too short, and the boys were so incredibly excited to see their new beds - - they just love them! At first, there was a squabble as to who would get the top bunk, but that was settled after Griff climbed to the top bunk the first time, and decided that the bottom bunk suited him just fine.


I still need to buy an additional twin mattress for Griffin, so for now he is using his toddler mattress. He feels like such a big boy in his new bed, and I know that Camden loves having his own little private haven up above his brother.


As for the fire truck bed - - it has served its purpose. We've decided that we won't be getting rid of it, but instead it will take up residence in the storage shed until maybe someone has a little boy of their own someday.



The fire truck bed had to go somewhere, and I can tell you I had a heck of a time trying to move it to the basement, but I sure felt like a rock star when I managed to get it down there by myself, without incident!

5 comments:

Kate D. said...

So glad to see you back! I love bunk beds. Sometimes I think Tim would be secretly happy if we got some for ourselves. Every kid needs to fall out of the bunk beds at least once. Hopefully not on their heads.

Heather said...

You're funny Kate...just today, Cam said, "Mom, you and dad should get bunk beds, too!" We're nearly a week in, and so far nobody has injured themselves yet!

kirsten said...

Hi Heath, It's funny we have almost the exact same set (we've had them apart as twin beds and just put them up a few weeks ago as bunk beds). Kids like them although they fight a lot as to who gets to be on top. Did you put them together all by yourself?!

Nicky said...

Oh how awesome! They look so happy up there too. Glad you also managed to relocate the fire truck bed too - you deserve to feel like a rock star for that!

Heather said...

Kirsten they were together when I bought them, and my father-in-law is visiting so he did all the hard work! Must be hard to decide who gets the top bunk with twins! Just today Griff and I were out shopping for sheets, mattress pads, clip lamps, etc. Just need to order duvet covers and we're all set!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin