Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Tasty Treat


Griffin and I found ourselves at the Saturn dealership this morning (time for an oil change!) so while we were waiting, we hoofed it across the street to Starbucks. We both needed a snack and something warm to drink (34 degrees this morning!). I decided to try the new Portabella Mushroom Piadini, along with a Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate (I know...salted caramel? I thought it sounded weird, too....so weird, in fact, that I just had to try it). The verdict? The piadini was really delicious. Light, flaky crust, filled with mushrooms,
spinach, feta, ricotta, and egg. Yum. The hot chocolate? To die for. It was so good that I could lay down and cry about it. Unfortunately, I made the grave mistake of looking up the nutritional content. It has so many calories and such an incredible amount of fat in it, that the only conclusion I can come to is that there must be a scoop of pure lard added to it. Still, I'm glad I tried it because it was decadent. I'll save the hot chocolate for a once-in-a-great-while-treat, and stick to my standard decaf nonfat mocha in the future.

As for Griffin...he is a creature of habit, so he had his usual pumpkin scone and vanilla milk, followed by some bouncing on the cushy chairs.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my, the hot cocoa does sound decadent but well worth the extra calories, at least once in a while!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

You're tin looks great! I love the little acorn shaped cheese. So cute! See you this coming Monday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin