Thursday, January 03, 2008

What Doesn't Kill You, Makes You Stronger

So, when I am 80 years old, and I'm the strongest woman you've ever known, I'll have Griffin to thank for that. The boy is a wee bit crazy. He is 15 months old now, and full of it (the definition of "it" changes from day to day, I might add). It boggles my mind when I think about how Steve was in Iraq when Camden was this age - - he left when Camden had just turned one, and came back when he was 2 1/2. Seriously though, Camden never acted the way Griffin acts! I swear! He was such a mild-mannered little guy. Oh, but Griffin. Right now, I find myself in a rather unpleasant phase where I have a 4 1/2 year old who wants/needs/deserves lots of attention from Mummy, but thrown into the mix is a lunatic 1-year old who spends his entire day (5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) standing in chairs, climbing on top of tables, throwing random objects into the trash (over and over and over), touching the toilet, pinching his older brother, and basically making a general nuisance of himself. I find it increasingly difficult to meet the needs of my children, manage a household, and remain sane on a daily basis. Okay, so maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but not much!

Remember that wonderful guy I wrote about yesterday? Well, he called at 7:30 this morning, asking me to come pick him up, because he was feeling rather ill. It takes quite a bit for Steve to admit that he doesn't feel well, so I figured he must be coming apart at the seams. Instead of feeling concerned for the poor man's well-being, I was instead concerned for my own well-being, being the vomit-phobe that I am. I knew I was going to have to drive an hour back home with him in the passenger seat. I'm happy to report that he didn't barf on me, and he actually seems to be just fine now. I did mention to him that I found it a tad bit suspicious, when I ventured down to the guest room to check on him, that he almost had a look of glee on his face, snuggled up in bed, surrounded by boat building books, and a couple of copies of Wooden Boat magazine.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your boys are polar opposites! Luckily you had the easy-going one first. ;)

Hope Steve is feeling better today, and that your phobia wasn't tested to the limit!

Heather said...

Yes, they are indeed, polar opposites! Thankfully, Steve didn't barf on me, and recovered quite quickly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin