Friday, August 20, 2010

Progress Report: Camper Edition

I've been a busy girl this week! Steve took the boys on a little camping trip and I even found myself ALL ALONE for approximately 24 hours - - I seriously cannot recall the last time I was alone for that long in my own home. I had grand plans of going here, there, and everywhere, but in the end, I never left the house. It was so nice to just do whatever, whenever. I spent most of the morning putting the finishing touches on the interior painting job in my little camper. Here are some befores and afters:

Kitchen before

Kitchen after

Icky light fixture before

Lovely little light fixture after

Boring little corner before

Tiffany Box blue delight after

I didn't get a picture of the closet before, but here it is after its makeover anyway

I love what a little paint can do. What was drab and tired is now bright and new, and I love it. The next big jobs to tackle will be laying the plywood down on the bed frame, and laying down the linoleum. Not sure when I'll be able to squeeze either of those in. I'm trying to control myself before I go too crazy decorating...want to get the big jobs out of the way first. I'm just itching to find the perfect vintage reproduction fabric to make curtains though, and decorate the walls. So much fun!

11 comments:

Terrij83@yahoo.com said...

Heather everything you touch amazes me. Never doubt your talent. Not everyone can do this. GOOD JOB!!!

Momma Bird said...

You are so talented...I would never think to do that with the cabinets...I am sure you tihnk it is so simple but my mind just doesn't think that way!

Jen said...

It looks so great Heather! You are so creative. I like the black around the light fixture - nice detail.

Heather said...

Jenn I can't take credit for the cabinets...the two-tone was actually Steve's idea! I'm glad he mentioned it, because I really love how they turned out!

Kate D. said...

Paint works miracles. You will have this done before you know it. Are you painting the outside too?

kirsten said...

Amazing! Love the transformation and all your added touches.

Heather said...

Kate I don't plan to paint the outside, althought the outline for the original "cardinal" design is still visible on the hitch end of the camper, and I think I may paint it back in. It use to be blue and white before the previous owner painted it silver...kinda wish he'd left it alone but I'm not going to complain!

Susan said...

I LOVE it. Too precious. What a rewarding project.

Cheryl said...

Oh I love this little camper! What a transformation...LOVE the Tiffany blue colored paint! The camper is charming and what a neat place to retreat to with a book and a glass of wine once in awhile...

Karen said...

love it, love it, love it! it so makes me want to have one to make over but for now I have to settle for the backyard! nice job Heather! can't wait to see the end result!

Lisa said...

Looks fantastic Heather!! I love the transformation and can't wait to see more!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin