Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A Sedate Fourth

We are back from Maine. Still trying to recover (at least I am). My laptop has died, so I'm dealing with an elderly desktop which makes computer time just a bit more of a chore. I have 500+ pictures from our two-week adventure in Maine, so once I have a chance to sift through them, I will post some of the highlights of our trip. In the meantime, I give you this photo of faithful old Riley. Riley detests the Fourth of July, probably just a little bit more than he detests the Cherry Festival. He is petrified of fire crackers and parade sounds. So, my dog with bad hips, who cannot jump, managed to claw his way into my lap on Sunday (ouch!), because nobody can protect him like his mother, the poor boy. We ended up giving him a sedative, and before long he was passed out cold, oblivious to all the hub-bub around him.


Riley, in various stages of distress!

6 comments:

Roberta said...

Poor sweet Riley! I'm glad Mummy was home to protect him. Miss you!

Heather said...

Me too! Poor thing! Miss you, too!

Jen said...

Good ole Riley, not afraid to show his emotions : )

Kate D. said...

Riley must be so happy you are home. We had the same problem with Tara after my brother set off some fireworks right next to her. We had to sedate her for the rest of her life-fireworks and thunderstorms set her off. She would try to crawl under the fridge but never managed it. She was so dumb she couldn't understand why.

Heather said...

Riley's the same way with thunder too, Kate. Poor old dog. He can hear either way off in the distance...we know a storm is approaching when he starts pacing madly!

Cheryl said...

Poor Riley! Glad his momma was home to take good care of him.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin