Friday, July 16, 2010

Bible School Drop-Outs


The boys missed Vacation Bible School at our church this year, because we were in Maine while it was being held. Luckily, our town has no shortage of churches, so we mosied on down to the Catholic church on Monday and signed up for VBS there. Keep in mind that Griffin Does Not Go Anywhere Without His Mother, so I was very proud when he willingly went (and stayed, without shedding a tear) on the first day. By the end of day two, however, he wasn't as happy, and by the third day, he cried hysterically when I announced it was time to get on over to "school". Camden, who was having a great time, was distracted by the knowledge that his grandparents are currently in town, and was afraid he was going to miss something if he was gone all morning, so by Wednesday, I had a couple of drop-outs on my hands. Cest la vie!

Some of you may have figured out (hi, Kate!) that I've had another blog for a few months now. I decided to keep a separate blog to chronicle Steve's upcoming deployment to Iraq, mostly so that I can have it printed in book form, once the deployment is over with. Also, I really wanted to keep this blog separate, because this is the space that I write about cooking, creativity, my boys, and my family. I don't tend to vent on this blog about the every-day stresses in life (because everyone has them, but who wants to read about them, really?), but I wanted a space where I could write honestly about going through a deployment. So, if you would like to read about that portion of our lives, then please feel free to stop by Way Out West: The Deployment Chronicles.

Did you see this article in the New Yorker? It really has my mind abuzz. Will try to organize my thoughts into a post in the next few days.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh dear...Bible School drop-outs at such a tender age-I must admit this gave me such a chuckle, hey you tried and the boys tried, thats all that matters! I checked out your other blog, very interesting indeed and it must be nice to share with others going through the same thing. Saw a great photo of you and Grammy today!

Heather said...

Yes, at least they tried! I think Camden could have stuck it out, but at least they got a couple of days under their belts! :) Where did you see the picture of me and Grammy?

Roberta said...

I love how Griffin is looking up at his big brother in this picture!

Heather said...

I love the picture, too. Cracks me up, every time I look at it.

Susan said...

Those darn Catholics(bless their hearts. we are Catholic). They do it everytime. Just teasing. Am sure the grandparent's visit carried some weight on the matter.

Heather said...

Susan that was definitely a factor for Camden...always afraid he's going to miss out on something! For Griff, he's still not quite ready to leave him mother, but we have to keep working at it, as he starts preschool in October. I can already guess what kind of scene we'll have on our hands! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin