Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tales From The Potty

Here's Mr. Griffin with his latest obsession ~ my matryoshka dolls. I have a little collection of them that sit on the sill in my kitchen, and Griffin wants to play with them all the time. But, I digress...

For the past week, Griff and I have been in the trenches of potty training. Deeeeep in the trenches. It has been going well. It has also not been going well. I've had a couple of moments this week where I wanted to just throw my hands up in the air, stick the boy back in a diaper, and go curl up in a ball on my bedroom floor. Alas, we have come too far to turn back now, so onward we will march! We seem to be on an upswing again, so I'll just leave it at that and hope for the best. The best news is, we are 100% diaper-free now, so I'm thrilled about that.

Yesterday, I was preparing lunch for the boys, and they were busy playing. At one point I could hear Griffin singing, "I'm the Potty Man! I'm the Potty Man!" I chuckled to myself, and continued with lunch prep. His little voice was getting closer, and when I turned around, this is what I saw:
Yes...that's his potty chair, on his head. Ick. He wasn't too pleased when I removed it, I can tell you. This photo also gives you a good look at his front teeth - - they've come back down a bit, but are still pretty much up in the gum line. There's been a little discoloration in one of the teeth, but we're still not sure what will become of them. That Griffin, he's a rascal.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my word! I must say the photo of Griffin with the potty on his head was a hoot! Sounds like he is doing quite well with the p.t., hang in there! I remember the days of wanting to throw a diaper back on the child, too!

Melissa said...

Some days go well, and some days are so frustrating. And then at some point you'll realize..."hey! he's potty trained!"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin