Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Little Birthday Celebration

Yesterday was Steve's 41st birthday, so the little guys and I spent the day planning a little party for him. Camden told me that he was certain that Daddy would want a cake that looked like a volcano (because Camden is in love with volcanoes this week). Here is what I came up with:

A little simplistic, but Camden was thrilled with it, which was what I was shooting for. Once the cake was done, the boys and I hot-footed it to Eagle, where we picked up a platter-full of sushi at Mai Thai. Steve and I love sushi, but usually only get out about once per year for it (sad, I know).
Rex, Kasey, and Banzer came down to join in the festivities, and we had a great time. I'm glad I remembered to get some sake yesterday, because sushi just isn't sushi, unless you have some sake to go with it.

The sushi platter, after Steve and I ransacked it. I was madly in love with the tempura roll. Yum!

After the partying wound down for the evening, we filled the tub with little boys, and called it a night.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

A very Happy Birthday to Steve! What a great idea that Camden had for his dad's birthday cake-the cake was fantastic looking. And what a good sport Steve was to wear a party hat! Cute photo of the boys in the tub, having some "pool time".

Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Steve!

I love the cake Heather - it came out wonderfully! The swizzle candles added that extra touch, very cute!

Joy said...

Love all 3 boys in the tub!

And I think your cake is not "simplistic" but realistic!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin