Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Sweetness

Yum. I love warm cinnamon buns on a lazy, chilly Sunday morning. They smell so good while they are baking, and taste so wonderful. The best part about fresh cinnamon buns is that they never taste the same, once they cool, so you really have to eat them all while they are warm. I made a batch for the boys this morning, but I didn't get up at the crack of dawn to measure, mix, and such. I went down to my pantry and grabbed this:

Love it. I am going to make sure that my pantry is never without a box or two from now on. Very inexpensive, quick, and delicious. While I'm sure that cinnamon buns from scratch aren't rocket science, I'm going to stick with these, thank you very much.

Right after I snapped this photo, I got one very sticky, very cinnamon-y kiss from my Griff. Good stuff.

7 comments:

Kate D. said...

I made cinnamon rolls this morning too. Only mine came in the exploding tube with the frosting jammed in at the end. Took 20 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to eat.

Mark said...

don't you know I am on a diet...I can't be reading about this stuff...come on Heather! Ha ha...you are so smart.

Cheryl said...

Oh my word...the cinnamon rolls are taunting me, they look sooo good. Its not fair when someone is on WW and they come upon this photo! Wished it was a scratch and sniff photo!

Heather said...

I love those kind, too, Kate. I always want to make the orange-flavored ones. Maybe I'll add that to my grocery list. Yum.

Mark & Cheryl - - everything in moderation...although I can't say that with a straight face because who can eat just one cinnamon bun...I know I can't!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sooo glad to see that you make things out of a box occasionally, Heather! :)

BTW, our homemade pizzas using your dough recipes were amazing! The kids could not eat their pizza fast enough. This one's definitely a repeat!

Joy said...

Sounds great! I may need to have a slip up on my "not buying a mix" and give these a try!!!! They look wonderful!

Heather said...

Linda, I'm glad you liked the pizza. Once I started making homemade pizza, I really like it better than take out.

Joy, I try to make a lot of things from scratch, but if I see a good sale, I like to have mixes on hand for crazy days when I just don't have time. As for the hot roll mix, it is inexpensive anyway, but it is just so good. Yum!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin