Monday, May 14, 2007

Confession

My in-laws arrived in Idaho over the weekend. Before their trip out here, my mother asked if there was anything I wanted from Maine, to which I replied, "A can of Bakewell Cream, and a box of Funny Bones" (neither are available in Idaho). The last time I had Funny Bones was over two years ago, which was also the last time I was in Maine. Since my box came into my possession this past Friday, they have been seriously eyeballed by both my brother-in-law, and my husband, but I made it perfectly clear they were to keep their hands off. Now, for my confession: this afternoon, I found myself down in my pantry, in the dark, eating a little package of Funny Bones (no, not the whole box), so that I wouldn't have to share with my nearly four-year-old son. Selfish? Yes, probably. However, I dare you to try one (if you've never had the pleasure of eating one) and then tell me that you wouldn't have done the same thing. I dare you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've lived in Maine all my life, and I have no idea what Funny Bones are. When you first mentioned them here, I assumed they were dog treats. But since you ate them yourself, I must be mistaken. Or at least I hope I am! Guess I'd better check them out tomorrow. Bakewell Cream, however, I know about. Just bought a new can a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't make light, fluffy biscuits without it.

kirsten said...

I hadn't heard of either! You've got me curious now, I'll have to look for those.
Glad to see you figured out how to include websites in your blog
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Did you ever have a Funny Bone with me at the Portland Public Market? They made them at Valley Orchard Farm - a bakery that was there (before the market closed, a sad day for me). Those Funny Bones were pretty darn good.

Anonymous said...

I am "with" the others...what is a Funny Bone? Now, there is another Blog on the horizon.

Heather said...

You can click on the words "Funny Bones" in the original post, and it will show you what they are. Basically, chocolate cake filled with peanut butter cream, dipped in chocolate. What could be tastier than that, I ask you? Jen, I never had one from the Public Market, but you'd told me about them. I was thinking about you when I was composing my post, because I knew you would appreciate my reference to Funny Bones. Yum. It's only 9:30 a.m., but now I want to eat another one. Good thing I put the rest of the box in the freezer yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I love Funny Bones and how about Ring-Dings? But I must say I was most impressed by your public admission of the "secret Funny Bone eating"! I always thought I was the only one to do that :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin