Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Getting Ready for Christmas

Christmas is in the air at our home...as you can see, we made a trip to the post office yesterday, to mail our letter to Santa. When we got back, we set up our new advent calendar, and got out a few decorations. I'm thinking that after we get back from town today, we'll be digging out some more, as Camden got pretty excited about the whole thing. We'll put up our tree this coming Sunday.

Thanksgiving was really nice - - we spent it at Steve's brother's house. Kasey cooked a lovely meal, and her mom and stepfather were there, as well as her brother. We had a great time! This past Sunday, we took the boys to "Breakfast with Santa", which is part of the Festival of Trees in Boise. I'm hoping this is something we might be able to do each year from now on.

Griffin continues to grow like a weed. I'm anxious for his 2-month appointment next week so I can get all of his official "stats". He smiles non-stop now, and even laughed for the first time yesterday. He's not doing so well in the sleep department - - I think he kept Steve and I up for the better part of the night last night, which is why I am sitting here blogging at 5:00 a.m. Hopefully the boy will catch on soon, and start sleeping with some regularity.

Camden thought it might be fun to put Griffin in his doll stroller yesterday. I'm not sure Griffin agrees

Camden, at "Breakfast with Santa"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd take a chance and check your blog before heading to the attic to get out our Christmas decorations - and I'm so glad I did! The pictures are wonderful; I so look forward to them. Camden looks so excited to be mailing Santa his list, and I can't get over how Griffin is growing. Of course I've got to consider he is in a doll stroller! Glad to see you're feeling better and able to get in the holiday spirit.

Lisa said...

I had to chuckle at Camen in his winter duds at the post office! We are enjoying some "balmy" weather at the moment!

We are going to go to the b'fast with Santa in our town in a couple of weeks. It's fun to start traditions with our kids, isn't it?

Happy Christmas decorating!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, Camden is one gorgeous child....the photo at the Post Office is a classic. I hope you can print it for his Baby Book. We hope you will have a blessed and joyous Christmas Season. Love reading your Blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin