Monday, July 02, 2012

Meeting MaryJane and Meg

Megan Rae, me, and MaryJane Butters

This past weekend, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet a couple of women I really admire - - MaryJane Butters and her daughter, Megan (Meg) Rae. They were in Eagle, ID on Saturday at the new Fred Meyer store, where they gave a talk, answered questions, and spoiled all in attendance with some wonderful treats. I am so very glad that I got to go...I had the best time!

MaryJane Butters is an author, a magazine editor, and organic farmer, and an inspirational woman, in my humble opinion. Her daughter also writes for the magazine, and manages the MaryJanesFarm wall tent bed and breakfast.  I have been subscribing to her magazine for a couple of years now, and I am also a member of her 'Farmgirl Sisterhood' - - which inspires me to be creative, seek out the things that I love, and to enjoy the simple things in life. Even though she lives here in Idaho, I never thought for a minute that I would ever get to meet her, or Megan, for that matter. I am so very glad that I did! My mom came along with me, which made it even more fun. I think she may be a convert now too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mum is a new subscriber to her magazine.




Next on my MaryJane wish list is to be able to stay someday at her bed and breakfast near Moscow, Idaho. I hear it is hard to secure a reservation but I am hoping that next year I will be able to get a spot. What a great adventure that will be!


**Edited to add:  I just wanted to add a link to MaryJane's blog, Raising Jane - - today's post had a recap of her visit to Fred Meyer over the weekend, and I was so excited to see my mom and myself in a couple of the pictures! I also feel compelled to add that I have been kicking myself for the past few days at the fact that when it came time to actually "meet" MaryJane, I don't think I said a word. She was so kind to give me a special necklace (for being a Farmgirl Sister), and she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I did the same back, but I am pretty sure I didn't utter one word after that. I'm afraid I was a bit starstruck, what can I say. How embarrassing! I did manage a nice little chat with Meg though, so all was not lost.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

What a treat for you! The B&B looks beautiful - I see they're not taking reservations for the rest of 2012 - it's clearly very popular. Looks like it has lots of charm. Glad you got the chance to meet them both.

Emily said...

You look so happy!

Joy said...

I'm so bummed I forgot about this... too relaxed after Mexico, I guess.

How awesome you and your mum got to go!

I, too, want to go to the B & B. I was hoping for this year to celebrate our 10th but we went to Mexico instead. Maybe next year... if we hurry. LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin