Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Wee Little Patient

Poor Griffer. He's had a rough week. He was sick last Tuesday, while I was kicking my heels up in New Orleans. In fact, in case you were wondering about the level of my mother's awesomeness, he threw up all over her, and she didn't bat an eyelash. She and my father spent the rest of the day taking extra-special care of him in my absence, ensuring that I didn't need to worry about him. Unfortunately, he was back at it early this morning (throwing up, that is), so we're off to the doctor this afternoon. He's had a cold for weeks that just won't go away, and the doctor thinks it sounds like a sinus infection. I'm hoping that is the case and that he'll soon be on the mend.
So, for today, life is on hold while we snuggle in the family room, and watch lots and lots of cartoons. And do laundry. And Lysol-wipe everything.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope Griffin feels better soon! Even when he's sick he's adorable!

Heather said...

Thanks, Lisa..he's doing much better today. Hoping to keep the rest of us healthy!

Linda said...

So glad he's feeling better! And I've never had any doubts about your mom's awesomeness! :)

I just have to ask, though--WHAT is Griffin holding in his hands?? It looks like a plate or a clock or something!

Heather said...

That would be the wall clock from the family room, Linda...he wanted to hold it for some odd reason, so that's how he ended up with it. We are back on the sofa with a bucket this morning, but I think he is fine - - he's bossing me around and many of his other charming traits, so I think it is just a false alarm. Here's hoping!

Nicky said...

Poor wee man! He looks so forlorn in his sick bed. Hope he is feeling better now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin