Monday, February 22, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday


Muffin Tin Monday is back! It has been a long time since we've done this, but the boys
really love it, so I'm making sure to fit it in each week. For those of you who are not familiar with it, Muffin Tin Monday is a weekly linky-fest, hosted by Muffin Tin Mom. She offers up a theme, and then she links up all of the participants on her blog. So, if you'd like to see all kinds of other ideas for this week's theme, head on over and pay her a visit!

This week's theme was the color orange:

Starting with the carrots and working clockwise, we have: carrots and Ranch dip, organic mac & cheese, organic cheese crackers, cheddar cheese cubes, mandarin oranges, and, leftover from Valentine's Day, orange Conversation Hearts. I tinted some soy milk orange, which the boys thought was awesome. Camden did some gagging and whining about the mandarin oranges, but I'm happy to report that even after I forced him to eat one, he lived to tell about it.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Great Tin!!

Kate D. said...

This is such a good idea. I need to start doing this.

Jamie said...

Looks very yummy!

Heather said...

Kate the boys just love it...they usually eat everything in it, when I know if it was on a regular plate, they probably wouldn't...who knows why! Check out the Muffin Tin Mom blog - - it is pretty neat. I'm a little worried about the the blue/purple theme...no clue what I will feed them for that.

Bran said...

I love the round tin.

The Activity Mom said...

cool round tin!

Unknown said...

Yummy tin! The hearts were a cute addition. JDaniel loves mandarin oranges!

Heather said...

I'm going to keep trying with the mandarin oranges...hopefully they will catch on soon!

As for the round muffin tins, they are old Anchor Hocking microwave muffin dishes. You can find them at literally any second-hand shop such as GoodWill...my local thrift shop has them all the time.

karen said...

Love the round tin!!! I'm an ebay junkie so I think I'll see if I can find any there :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

My munchkin would be totally into this - orange is his favorite food group! :)

I have a party posting Thursday to link up your own list of faves if you're interested?

Heather said...

That sounds great, Jen...I'd love to join in!

w said...

looks great! i thought about tinting the soy milk here. but then i got lazy. so yeah.

Unknown said...

great tin. I did pink soy milk for Dr. Suess MTM but it didn't go over well.

Ladynred said...

Looks yummy. O love your round muffin tin.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin