Monday, December 08, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday: Christmas Stories

You've probably noticed that we haven't been participating in Muffin Tin Monday for the past few weeks...things got a little hectic and I sort of forgot! Anyway, the themes for December are lots of fun, so we are back. This week's theme is Christmas Stories/Children's Literature. I love this because I love Christmas books. The boys have a bookcase in their bedroom, but I also keep a basket in the living room, and I try to keep it stocked with seasonal books. I love the idea of a book basket, because there are always books close at hand for an impromptu story time. When I pack away seasonal decorations, I also pack away the seasonal books. It works out well because each time a new season or holiday rolls around, there are "new" books to add to our rotation.

Anyway, I digress. On to our Muffin Tin. The book I chose is Snowmen at Night, by Caralyn Buehner. This is a new book that I bought for the boys this year, and I just love it. It is a great little story about the secret lives of snowmen, and what they do at night when we are sleeping.

Snowman-shaped slice of wheat bread, coal for snowman's eyes/mouth (black beans), snowman arms (pretzel sticks), snow (mini-marshmallows), noses (carrot sticks), the ever-present Ranch dip, and "ice cold hot chocolate" (chocolate milk), just like in the story. The boys seemed to really like this one, and I had fun making it for them.

* To see more great Muffin Tins, go here.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yummy! We do the same thing with our Christmas books,we buy a new book each Christmas and then the books are packed away after Christmas. Even at 17, Ashton still asked for a new Christmas book and got one. Its a wonderful tradition and one the entire family can enjoy.

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

so cute! I love all the "trimmings"

Melissa said...

We love that story! I still can't find all the hidden pictures, tho. One of these days...

Great muffin tin meal!

Joy said...

Great theme!

Sandy said...

So cute:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin