Friday, April 11, 2008

A Letter to Griffin

Dear Griffin,

Mummy loves you so much. You are a beautiful, sweet, smart little boy, and I feel so blessed that I get to be at home with you every day. That being said, I have a bone or two to pick with you:

  • Griffie, please stop climbing on top of the dining room table. How do you get up there so fast? Your brother never did this. Why do you? Mummy doesn't understand.

  • Please stop dumping the various garbage cans in the house onto the floor, over and over. It makes Mummy twitchy.

  • Also, would it be too much to ask you not to grab the plunger or toilet brush, or rub your hands all over the toilet seat, every time you find a way into the bathroom? That's just gross.

  • Honey, please stop making Mummy call Poison Control. I think they recognize my voice now, when I call.

  • When Mummy has spent hours and hours painting the kitchen walls, please don't steal a barbecue skewer ( a barbecue skewer! That's dangerous, for goodness sakes!) out of the drawer and scrape the new paint off the walls. This makes Mummy a bit cross.

  • When I'm trying to put your jammies on you at night, please sit still. It would also be helpful if you wouldn't scream, "N00000000!" and run off down the hallway, naked.

Can you do these things for Mummy, Griff? It would really help me cut back on my alcohol consumption in the evenings. Thanks!


Love,
Mummy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical, Heather! Make sure he sees this letter at some point when he's older. God bless naptime.

Melissa said...

LOL! A riot (at least it is from MY house ;) )!!

Jen said...

Awwwww! Is this what having boys is like?! ;-)

Joy said...

tee hee hee!!!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Didn't Mama tell you there would be days like these?

kirsten said...

I remember this age quite well. I hve a girlfriend who has a boy the same age as Griffin and he is into EVERYTHING. It's very trying..at least you have a great sense of humor about it! This too shall pass is my motto (most of the time)

Mark said...

the second one is always the most difficult! looking to get attention away from the big brother!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin