Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cherry Festival Round-Up




The boys and I really tore it up at the Cherry Festival this year. We set aside one day for games, one for rides, one for the Children's Parade, and then the last day for the Great Cherry Bake-Off and the "big" parade. The boys won first place in the bike division of the children's parade on Friday, which earned them a spot in the big parade on Saturday. It was a really fun experience for them - - Camden loved waving to the crowd along the parade route! I had a great time at the bake-off! I hadn't participated in three years and I'm really glad I did it this year. I won first place in the muffins/breads division, first place in the desserts division, and third place overall. Now I guess I'd better start thinking about next year. We missed Steve a lot the past few days, and I think we are all glad he'll get to go with us, next year.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Oh, what an awesome day you all had! Bet you all can't wait to repeat the event next year with Steve :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin