Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dinner In

I was really hoping that Steve and I could have gotten away for dinner while he was home, but it didn't work out, so instead we opted to send the boys next door to Gramma and Grampa for a couple of hours so that we could cook dinner together. We ended up having a great time, and I'm so glad we did it!


We started out with a variety of cheeses, some candied walnuts, grapes, and baguette, along with some gin martinis. Yum.

I still have some work to do in perfecting my gin martini-making abilities, but these turned out pretty well...


We decided on a recipe that Steve had prepared for me before...Pan roasted chicken with lemon, olives, and rosemary, from one of our favorite cookbooks, At Blanchard's Table.



(I'm really noticing the difference in food photos with my new camera!)

By the time dinner was over, we'd eating a lot of great food, drank one-too-many martinis, and had a lot of laughs. A wonderful evening!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin