Monday, January 03, 2011

Demon Kitty


This is Calli. Isn't she the cutest kitty you've ever seen? Don't let her fool you. She's completely insane. The boys and I have been kitty-sitting for the past two weeks for our friend Margaret, while she is in Maine visiting her daughter. We were very excited to have a kitten in the house, but I have to tell you, I'm just about kittened-out at this point. You see, Calli likes to eat all kinds of things (i.e. rubber bands, ribbon, Christmas ornaments, string, wrapping paper, socks, etc.), and then throw them up all over the house. She likes to get in the children's beds in the middle of the night and lick their faces or chew on their hands. She likes to climb my shower curtain. She likes to drink out of the toilet. She enjoys eating Riley's food. She jumps up on the dining table whenever I attempt to serve the boys a meal. She constantly claws the furniture. Every time one of us opens the door, she tries to escape (she's an indoor cat). She has, shall we say, messy litter box habits. Needless to say, I haven't gotten a solid night's sleep since she arrived on December 20th. I've been counting the days until she goes home, just about since the day she got here. Unfortunately, she started to grow on me over the past 24 hours. She's finally calming down just enough to not drive me insane all day long. I still won't miss her when she leaves though. Okay, maybe a little.

8 comments:

Momma Bird said...

She is pretty though :) Is she being held in the blanket for fear she will claw your hands off? :) I remember the first time I brought my kitten home (RIP Morris) I thought I was going to have to take him back he was so full of it....we adapted though :)

Nicky said...

Hehe, adorable! And she's a calico, so she's insane by default! Sounds like you guys have had your hands full with her creating havoc in your home. And no doubt the boys love her! As a veterinarian, I can vouch for the fact that pets who like to eat foreign objects usually bring their owners a huge vet bill at some point!

Kate D. said...

Owen used to be just like that. I would come home from work and find the curtains down and the rods ripped out of the wall. 13 years later and he has calmed down. I'll bet you'll miss him when he's gone.

Jennifer Juniper said...

That is so funny! I can't believe she drives you nuts all night - I just thought cats slept all the time. This is good info to have in mind the next time someone asks me to kitty sit!

Plan Our Health said...

Precious! I have THREE cats. (will not be adopting any more) And the last one came up when she was a kitten. She was a whole lot different than the other two who are years older and more relaxed. Never a dull moment with the kitten!

Heather said...

I actually shut her in the basement last night and we all slept like logs. On any given night, at least one child will wake me up at some point...can't have the kitten doing it all night long, too!

Laurie said...

I think that kitten would get along well with my cat. At least she is really cute! My girls have school tomorrow so I am going to work on their rooms.

Jen said...

In that photo she looks like a cute little devilish diva wearing her fur coat. I think she and Roo would get along really well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin