Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Froodie

When I get up in the morning, I like to throw the following things into my blender:

1 apple
1 banana
a couple splashes of soy milk
a few spoonfuls of plain, low fat yogurt
a heaping tablespoon of ground flax seed
a handful of ice cubes
a drizzle of agave nectar

Blend it all up and what you get is a very nutritious, tasty, satisfying smoothie, or a "froodie," according to Griffin. Griffin thinks smoothies are delicious, but he hates my blender. In his defense, my blender sounds like a small jet engine. It is getting so that now when I announce that it is time for breakfast, Griffin says, "MUMMY, DON'T MAKE THE FROODIE!" Luckily, as soon as the blender is off, he's asking for some.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My recipe is:
1 whole apple (minus the seeds)--
(or 2/3 c. frozen fruit if
apples are out of season)
1 whole banana
1/2 c. fat-free yogurt
1/2 c. fat-free milk
1 T ground flax
1 T wheat germ
1 T psyllium
2 T oat bran
1 teas. cinnamon

Lately I've been adding a package of plain oatmeal to it, too. I'd leave out the ice cubes. I would think that would lessen the noise quite a bit, though I remember your blender as very loud. Griffin would run when I'd start it; but as you say, he was right there for the end result. -- Mum

Jen said...

Mmm! That Froodie sounds delicious!

kirsten said...

Okay it's going to sound disgusting but my kids LOVE these and I get veggies in them...(you can't taste the green stuff)
3/4 cup oj
frozen blueberries
cup yogurt (any kind)
1 cup spinach
1/2 avocado
1 frozen banana

They're a great breakfast when we're in a rush to get ready for preschool.

Cheryl said...

The Froodie sounds great..Love the name.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin