Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Christmas Photo

I can't seem to get one this year. Yesterday, I dressed the boys in their matching Christmas jammies (thanks, Nana!) and tried in vain to get a shot of the two of them together. For some reason, whenever I pull out a camera these days, Camden does all the things you don't want someone to do when you are trying to take their picture. Leans back like he is being blasted by a large gust of wind, cheesy smile, eyes closed...you name it, he does it. Add Griffin to the mix, and if you want him smiling, you have to talk a lot (in a high-pitched, gitchy-gitchy-goo voice) and snap fast. Yesterday probably wasn't a good day to attempt it anyway - - I was seriously sleep deprived, weepy, and, if you recall, I'd nearly ripped the driver's side door off my car, first thing in the morning. Anyway, here are some of the pictures:

Camden's eyes are closed...Griffin looks a wee bit uncomfortable...that one won't work

A little dark...Camden looks cute, but as you can see, Griffin isn't in the shot

Sweet Griffin and his friend, Frosty (Camden had given up at this point)

Then, my mom pointed out this morning that my date stamp was messed up (2002?), so even if I'd gotten a good picture of the two of them, I wouldn't have used it because of the darn date stamp. Anyway, I gave up, and in my fragile emotional state, decided there just wouldn't "be" a photo this year! So there! This morning, as I was folding laundry and chatting with the boys, the opportunity presented itself and I got a pretty cute picture of the two of them (yes, together!). No Christmas jammies, no tree...just Camden and Griffin hanging out. Sorry I can't post it, you'll have to wait until you get your card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Heather I have photo's of years past and as you mention, some are good some aren't and to get that "perfect photo" can be stressful on us!
Your children are handsome though, and wait till Christmas morning if you think stress! Good luck get some rest, right!? Ha...

Joy said...

Can't wait to get the photo. I like the first one where Camden is "sleeping." Too cute!!

Get some rest - it makes everything more "do-able."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin